Databrid - SQL Tool
Important information - read first
Supported alternative SQL tools
If you are looking for a current SQL tool, here are a few suggestions that you can consider to help you in your sysadmin work:
- Firebird - a powerful and lightweight open source SQL relational database management system for Windows and Linux.
- Adminer - Adminer is a database management tool that allows you to manage databases, tables, columns, relations, indexes, users, permissions, and more from a web-based user interface.
- DBComparer - DBComparer is a database comparison tool for analysing the differences in Microsoft SQL Server database structures from an easy-to-use UI.
- DbVisualizer Free - is a universal database tool that allows you to manage a wide range of databases including Oracle, Sybase, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, DB2, MySQL, Informix, H2, and SQLite.
Recommended web hosting providers for SQL managing:
What is Databrid:
Databrid is a powerful tool that provides easy access to data and manipulation of data within an Oracle™ or MySql database. If you are a DBA, Developer, Analyst or anyone that uses an Oracle™ database, then Databrid's many useful features will help increase your productivity.
For an outline of features please visit the Features page or view the online Help for full details of Databrid's functionality.
News and long from release versions:
Databrid 1.6.1 Release - 09 Mar 2010Databrid 1.6.1 is now ready for download.
- Fixed error in MySql formatting.
- Fixed error in the index view of a table.
Databrid 1.6 Release - 24 Feb 2010Databrid 1.6 is now ready for download.
- The Databrid application now includes supports French, German and Spanish. Unfortunately the help is only in English.
- Formatting of SQL.
- Auto Login for one or more connections.
- Caching of autocompletion data to speed up display times.
- Command line tool for exporting data in a table as insert statements.
- Dramatic increase in speend of doing insert and updates in File tab.
- Data can be saved as update statements.
Databrid 1.5.2 update - 9 Apr 2009Databrid 1.5.2 released to fix small bugs with commit, rollback not initially showing, Save As not setting tab name, multi-row table copy not working properly and count records not always working. Enjoy!
Databrid 1.5.1 update - 29 Mar 2009Databrid 1.5.1 released to fix small bug when installing Databrid in a new Environment.
Databrid 1.5 Release - 26 Mar 2009Databrid 1.5 is here at last. A few problems in testing have delayed the release but it is now ready to go.
- Databrid is now a multi-connection database tool.
- Print editor functionality (with print preview).
- A connection (Oracle or MySql) is now associated with an Sql Editor. An editors connection can be change or shared with another connection.
- You can now browse the database in more than one connection (Oracle or MySql).
- You can now have more than one File processing tab open, each with its own independant connection (no problem with commits in this tab affecting other areas of Databrid).
- The current line is now highlighted, making navigation and reading of code easier.
- Aliases can not be used to save typing. Type sw followed by shift-space and sw will be replaced by SELECT xx FROM yy WHERE zz. Aliases are defined in the preferences.
- More functions have been added to the Browser tab views.
- Table/View data can now be edited in either the Sql Editor result or Browser table/view data views.
Databrid 1.5 update - 2 Feb 2009Databrid 1.5 will be released in late Feb 2008 assuming testing goes well.
Databrid 1.4 Released 28 Jan 2008Databrid 1.4 has been released. New features include:
- Search file from within Databrid.
- The database connection can now be changed in a Databrid session.
- In Oracle a PLSQL can function/procedure/package can be executed using the execute command.
- An open file in the Sql Editor can be renamed.
- Goto a line number within an Sql Editor.
- Sql syntax is now defined in external files. Users can copy and change these to suit there own purposes.
- Smaller memory footprint.
- Fix various memory leaks.
Databrid 1.4 update - 14 December 2007Databrid 1.4 will be released in late Jan 2008 assuming testing goes well. Have a good christmas.
Databrid 1.3.1 Released 11th August 2007Bug fix release. Corrected the following two issues:
- Connections to MySql may not work correctly if the Oracle drivers are not in the include path. This may affect some versions of the Oracle drivers as well.
- Schema browser not working for Oracle if the user had select on all tables but no access to the dba views. Thanks to Mike Taylor in helping to fix this issue.
Databrid 1.3 Released 25th July 2007New features include:
- Databrid is now FREE FREE FREE
- Dates are now formats in the correct locale
- Change of editor tabs now focuses on the editor
- Option to not display the splash screen
- Speed enhancements in the editor
- Fixed various bugs in the editor and sql execution
Run Error Fixed - 14 Feb 2007Fixed problem with Databrid loading. Some of the minor sub-packages were compiled with the wrong version and hence caused problems when running. This would generally only be a problem if you were running Java 1.4. Also fixed problem with the batch file (windows only) that would do nothing if you ran through the shortcut. If you can run Databrid successfully then there is no need to get the next version.
Databrid 1.2 Released 10th Nov 2006New features include:
- MySql Support
- Word Highlighting
- Sorting for Login Connections
- Commit Shown in Process Screen
- Rollback shown in Process Screen
- Foreground executes to show in jobs
- Login to show as window
- Left hand side schema information to retrieve all info
- Caches Cursors
- Sorting for various schema views (i.e. table columns, view columns, tables constraints...).
- Drag & Drop Files and Text
- Close button of Sql Editor tabs