Databrid - Frequently Asked Questions
How do I install Databrid using the Installer (.jar file).
You should be able to double click the file databrid_installer.jar.
If this does not work then open a command prompt or shell. Change to the directory where file databrid_installer.jar is. The following command will start the installation:
java -jar databrid_installer.jar
If you get an error stating that Java can not be found then Java may not be installed.
Where do I find Java
Which version of Java do I need.
At least 1.4. If you download Java from www.java.com then you will get the latest version.
Changing Syntax Highlighting.
The syntax definitions are stored in the syntax directory in the Databrid install directory. The instructions are as follows:
- Databrid 1.4, or higher, must be run as least once before changing the syntax files. The first time that Databrid 1.4, or higher, is run it will create the syntax directory and the syntax related files.
- Take a copy of either one or both of the mysql.syntax or oracle.syntax files. Do not use the original files as they may be overwritten in the next release. The files are text based and can be opened with any standard text editor.
- Make the appropriate changes to the file(s). Instructions are contained in the file.
- Edit the SyntaxAssociations.properties file, in the same directory. The file contains many "[association]" groups which associate a syntax file (file=) with a database connection (database_connection=) and file extension (file_extension=). Change all applicable associations for one or both database connections (oracle or mysql).
- Run Databrid and the changes will appear.